In this week’s episode, Shevonne shares the stories of five women in different times and places who have murdered their husbands. This is called “Mariticide.” This is the killing of one’s spouse. In a 2007 research paper, Adkinrah says, “‘the female killer knows very well what the balance of power is when it comes to attacking her husband or lover. The sleeping situation is a propitious one.” It is an area that has not extensive study, but it is recurrent and continues to occur even til this day.
Please visit the web site: www.femalekillers.com
I’ve always been a huge fan of subscription boxes, so when I got my German Shepherd puppy, I decided to subscribe to BarkBox. BarkBox is a subscription box curated specifically for dogs. It is filled with delicious and healthy snacks for man’s best friend, and has great toys. If your dog is a major chewer like mine, you can even get a chewer’s box that has stronger, sturdier toys.
Do you want to learn filmmaking from Jodie Foster? Producing and beat-making from Timbaland? Or how to be a magician from Penn & Teller? Then go to MasterClass today and get to learn a new skill from a living legend, like Gordon Ramsay, who has tons of experience and want to share it with you. https://go.femalekillers.com/learn
Podcast Episode Sources
- Oliver, B. (2019, July 10). Leon County Woman Accused Of Murdering Her Husband In 1984. Retrieved from http://wtaw.com/2019/07/10/leon-county-woman-accused-of-murdering-her-husband-in-1984/
- Frazier, S. (2019, July 10). 84-year-old Anderson County woman arrested for husband’s 1984 murder. Retrieved from https://www.kltv.com/2019/07/10/year-old-anderson-county-woman-arrested-husbands-murder/
- (n.d.). LYVIA. Retrieved from http://www.columbia.edu/dlc/garland/deweever/L/lyvia.htm
- (n.d.). Vol. VIIp185 Book LVIII. Retrieved from http://penelope.uchicago.edu/Thayer/E/Roman/Texts/Cassius_Dio/58*.html#11
- (n.d.). Susan Wright. Retrieved from https://www.crimemuseum.org/crime-library/famous-murders/susan-wright/
- Walsh, M. (2018, January 24). Wife Buried Husband In The Garden After He Abused Her And Son. Retrieved from http://www.lifedaily.com/story/police-arrest-a-perfect-stay-at-home-mom-when-they-see-what-she-had-buried-in-her-garden/
- Adinkrah, M. (2007). Women who kill their husbands: mariticides in contemporary Ghana. Aggressive Behavior, 33(6), 526–536. doi: 10.1002/ab.20209
- Magdy, S., & Associated Press. (2018, June 27). Sudan overturns death sentence for woman who killed husband. Retrieved from http://www.startribune.com/sudan-reduces-sentence-of-woman-convicted-of-killing-husband/486661581/
- Miller, A. (2013, September 11). Glacier Park murder: Friends warned Kalispell man not to marry. Retrieved from https://missoulian.com/news/local/glacier-park-murder-friends-warned-kalispell-man-not-to-marry/article_b986f05e-1a8a-11e3-9d4c-0019bb2963f4.html